Monday, March 14, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to Kisses & Cake, a blog about asexual couplehood written by an asexual couple.

While there are a lot of blogs out there that are about asexuality or are run by an asexual person, we noticed that there didn't seem to be one that explored the topic of asexual relationships from the viewpoint of two aces who are in one together. Seeing as this is a subject that many people are curious/confused about, and seeing as we're shameless and will jump for any excuse to talk about each other, we decided to go ahead and create one ourselves!
REMY: On AVEN I am known as Shockwave but originally used the name Xenius13. I was born in May 1972 and have been living in the Portland, OR area for almost three years now (and in Portland proper for two years) though I lived in the Provo, UT area for most of my life. I have been an active member of the Asexual community since June 2004, which makes me a veteran, considering the AVEN forum was started barely two years before that.
SETH: I first joined AVEN two years ago under the username WaffleM; nowadays I go by Lego M there and pretty much everywhere else on the internet. I'm 25 years old, and while I've had a general awareness of my asexuality since I was 18 I didn't properly understand and identify with it until two years ago. I consider myself to be panromantic and also identify as genderqueer/trans*; I may or may not talk more about that here sometime if I feel it's relevant. I've been living in Portland with Remy for a month now, though we started out in a long distance relationship.
That's about it for an introductory post. Keep an eye out for future ramblings here from the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment